Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Recipe: Baby Shower Cupcakes


A few weeks ago, I made these adorable cupcakes for a surprise baby shower we threw at work for a coworker expecting a baby boy in May. 

I can't take full credit for the idea - I saw them at a recent gender reveal baby shower I attended where I was told the inspiration came from Pinterest.  (Of course it did!)  :)

But anyways, they were a huge hit - and were super easy to make!  The cupcakes were funfetti (there is no better kind of cupcake...even homemade; follow directions on box); the eyes - mini-chocolate chips; and the pacifiers were 2 for 1 dollar store purchases (that went through my dish washer approx. 5 times before using...).


The best part was definitely pulling out the pacifier to lick off cake and icing!  Ahh to be a toddler again, even for just a few short seconds..!

P.S. Did you use a pacifier as a baby?  What did you call it?  Paci? Binky?  I think the names people give them are hilariously cute...  (I called mine "nippy" and when I wanted it I'd say "nother one nippy".)

P.P.S. I also got a lot of compliments at work / the party on my cupcake carrier, which I highly recommend if you're in the market (wedding registry, perhaps?).  It was a wedding gift from my cousin and his wife (along with a cupcake tree, cookbook and decorating supplies) and it is amazing - stores 24 cupcakes and the bottom tray is a baking tray!  You can buy the same one here!



No comments:

Post a Comment