I've been fascinated with chalkboard paint, ever since I was in elementary school. A friend of mine had an entire painted chalkboard wall in her room and we'd spend hours doodling and coloring until the whole thing was covered!
That's why I have been SO excited all week about doing this particular craft! Chalkboard paint plus wine glasses (and of course, some wine!)?! Wouldn't these make cute place cards for a dinner party? Or, you'd never misplace your wine glass again at a cocktail party!
What could be better, you ask??? A free giveaway?! That's right, I'm giving away 2 pairs of wine glasses to 2 lucky winners! (See below for details on how to enter!)
- Wine glasses (mine are Libbey brand from Target)
- Chalkboard paint (Rust-oleum brand available at Home Depot) OR Chalkboard spray paint (Rust-oleum brand, Home Depot)
- Painters Tape
- Wax Paper
- Newspaper / magazines
- Paper towels
1. Lay out cardboard / newspaper for your drying station. Place wax paper on top.
2. Tape around the stem of each of the wine glasses.
3. Dip one wine glass at a time into the paint. Hold over paint container to let as much excess paint drip off as possible.
4. Place on wax paper. Repeat for remaining glasses.
5. After about 20 minutes, move the wine glasses to another section of the wax paper, so that they do not dry with the excess paint attached to them. Repeat 2-3 times.
6. Carefully remove the tape and let them sit to dry completely for 24 hours.
Directions with Chalkboard Spray Paint:
1. Repeat steps 1-2 from above.
2. Cover the wine glasses with paper towels and tape at the bottom.
3. Shake spray can well before and while spraying wine glasses.
4. Set wine glasses out to dry for 24 hours.
Which way worked best?
Actually, both sets of wine glasses turned out amazing and flawless! The spray painted ones were a bit smoother, while the painted ones had a nice thick dipped coat. The chalk took to both, and wiped right off with water.
However, if I were to do it again or if I wanted to make these in bulk, I'd probably chose the spray paint! It was much easier and I didnt have to worry about the paint dripping. Looks like I'll have to find another craft to do with all this leftover chalkboard paint...!
Now, how can you win a pair of my wine glasses?!
There are two ways to win:
1. Leave a comment below on what your favorite post has been so far on love&laughter.
And / Or
2. Follow my blog (click follow on the right)!!
One winner will be chosen at random from the commenters and another from the followers. You have until Sunday at 12pm EST to enter. The winners will be announced on Monday! Good luck!