Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ruche


Even with my generous 40% employee discount, Anthropologie is expensive!  Beautiful, exciting, unique, special...but definitely not friendly to the wallet!  


And right now every penny counts (building our house, baby on the way...need i say more?).  Throw in the fact that my body is changing and I'm wearing sizes and silhouettes I never thought I'd try on (empire waist just screams pregnancy, doesn't it?  or at least foopah! wait is that a bad word? opps sorry!)...  Well, I really can't justify buying myself expensive things right now!  (You're welcome, Nate!)  

Except of course this dress...which I literally wear once a week.  And this one, in blue, that I wore to my gender reveal party!  Both I know I'll wear post-pregnancy!

I actually discovered this dress via a friend on facebook
who wore it to her baby shower and looked adorable!
The dress I had planned to wear from Lilly Pulitzer
arrived a day too late...and in the wrong color!

Thankfully, I've had some success at more budget friendly retailers like H&M, J. Crew Factory, Old Navy and Target.  (No maternity purchases yet, just sizing up!)

But, to satisfy my Anthro cravings I've turned to Ruche - an online-only retailer that I recently discovered through some market research (on Anthro competitors nonethless) at work.  I told you part of my job requirement was online shopping! 


Ruche is absolutely adorable - it mixes the aesthetic of Anthropologie and the prices of Modcloth - and was launched by a newlywed couple who was having a difficult time finding affordable clothing that was "her" style!


I literally want to buy every dress on the site, and the shoes are so on trend I can't stand it!   

Pink Parade Ruffle Dress - $38.99

Stick Together Braided Sandals - $34.99

They even have bridesmaid and wedding dresses! 

Bridal Collection
 Oh, and the cutest toys for your children and pet!

Pink Roses Play Picnic Tea Set - $35.99

melrose milk and butter treat tin
Melrose Mike and Butter Treat Tin - $17.99

Anyways, I couldn't resist sharing this new fashion find of mine...even if my loyalty (and paycheck) belongs to my beloved Anthro!

Are you a fan of Ruche?  I'd love to hear about your recent purchases!

Have you shopped Ruche before?

1 comment: